Friday, March 22, 2013

It's a Girl!

  
It's official...it's a girl! We went for our anatomy ultrasound this week, and we found out that we are having a girl within 5 minutes of the appointment! Consequently, she did not cooperate very well for the necessary pictures, and we spent almost an hour and fifteen minutes attempting to get her to turn over. Thankfully, she did, and the technician and the doctor were able to get all of the pictures that we needed. That was the longest appointment of my life, and I don't think I could really breathe until the doctor said everything was fine. 

You wait all of this time, hoping something is alive and moving in there. Every appointment seems scary until it's over and you can relax again. I know that we have no control over it, but it doesn't make it any less terrifying. Even after seeing her prior to this and hearing the heartbeat various times, it seemed more real this time. I feel 10 million more times better now that all of the bloodwork and pictures show that she is healthy and does not seem to be at risk for anything! We know that anything can change at any point in a pregnancy, but we are continually praying for a healthy little girl on loan to us from our loving Creator. 

Here are some new pics of our girl:
she spent most of the appointment in this position waving her arms and legs all around!
a little "L"...she knows sign language already!
waving hello

I love her already! I even started crying during 2nd period the other day while the kids were taking a quiz. Thankfully, no one seemed to notice. I have purchased a couple of things for her, but I am not going to do much more because she won't need much to start out! My favorite so far is this:


We also bought a Vinylmation Minnie to add to our collection! Too cute!
Happy almost spring break, blogger world! Until next time!

No comments: