Thursday, April 25, 2013

Crazy busy!

I cannot even begin to think about everything that's been going on lately. It's been almost a month since our spring break, and every weekend has been full of things we didn't even plan on.

Spring break was filled with house projects, a ton of new curriculum, and spending time with family. Mom and I went shopping, and we got some amazing deals on clothes for baby girl! I thought that this new burst of energy was supposed to hit during the second trimester, but I'm almost to the third and have yet to see that!

We did a reveal cake for the extended family at Easter:
 Steve worked on the nursery and our office over break and got little Mo moved downstairs to the office. He doesn't seem to miss the other room and has adjusted perfectly to having his litter box in the office closet.
Right after spring break, we had some work done with the yard; Steve and a friend got the flower beds cleaned up and everything weeded and trimmed back. New mulch makes such a difference! I think he was glad to get out of the house in some warmer weather.
Spring break ended with the discovery that the dryer had died. This is the third time in five years that we've had issues with this dryer. It was not heating at all, so we ordered some parts, and it still didn't work. Then, we ordered some more parts, and it still didn't work. Steve has spent countless hours trying to fix it. We finally decided that we've put too much money into it already, and we broke down and bought a new one this week. We won't get it until next weekend, so we have one more weekend of having to inconvenience Steve's dad by doing laundry at his house.

School has been fairly busy too. I have finally finished mapping out the majority of the new curriculum for the rest of the year. I sent the last of the copies and my final exams off to print shop, and now I just have to sort all of the copies that came back this week. Then, I can focus on getting all of my maternity leave stuff in order over the last few weeks of the school year. We are in the full swing of paperwork for next year's National Honor Society candidates, and it makes me dizzy just looking at all of the selection materials for each kid. Graduation was announced, and now we are counting down the last of the days for the seniors. They currently have 20 school days left which includes their exams and their awards ceremony. Last night, we held the World Language Honor Society induction for all 4 languages at our school. Thankfully, I didn't have to put this one together, but I wanted to go to support my kids since all of the Spanish inductees were my current students. The night was brief, to the point, and now, it's over! I thought our cake was actually quite funny since it is for an honor society...clearly someone in our department has issues or someone at the bakery needs to read carefully. HAHA! This was my favorite part of the night...that and my kids from last year attempting to name our baby. That will have to do for another blog post though.

Hopefully, it won't be a month until my next post! By the next time, I hope we have a new dryer, a date for our nursery furniture delivery, and most (if not all) of baby girl's piles of clothes washed and ready to put away!

No comments: