Monday, June 24, 2013

Getting Closer....Ahhhhh!!!!

I cannot believe that we only have 6 or 7 weeks left! What!?!?! School ended in a flurry, and we both got sick. I had (still kind of have) a sinus infection and an ear infection and Steve had something like hand, foot, and mouth with a severe sore throat and some congestion. What a way to end the year! To top it all off, after our first non-stress test (results were totally normal!), I was having contractions that I couldn't even feel every two minutes. We were admitted to labor and delivery at the hospital and spent a few hours being monitored. It was a bit scary until the doctor came and told us everything was fine. She seemed irritated that the doctor's office had sent us over there, but it was more precautionary than anything. They aren't sure why the contractions started, but they stopped! It could have been because I was sick, stressed from the end of the school year, or dehydrated...we'll never really know. We only got one new picture, but you can see her spiky hair off to the right. When the tech panned up later, you could see hair all over her head! I don't know how long she'll keep it, but we'll see.
We left later in the week (after another normal non-stress test) to go see our best friend, Lammy! We all just wanted to hang out and have some down time together before we have some insane times later this summer. We watched FRIENDS, went shopping, ate out, cooked out, made s'mores, and just chatted. His cute little dog, Oscar, was my BFF the whole time we were there. I'm seriously thinking there is something to animals recognizing pregnant women! He is normally super attached to Steve, but it was me this time! Who knows?
We ended the weekend celebrating a belated Father's Day with my dad, and the extended family was rather calm. I was surprised! I just had another non-stress test today, and I have another one on Thursday. Steve is writing curriculum all this week so we can put some money away for day care! We're hoping to put 2 or 3 months away up front so that we can stay ahead of it. We'll see how that goes! At the end of the week, my mom is throwing me a baby shower and we are hoping to go to the movies. Good times ahead for sure...baby girl just needs to stay in there and stay healthy! Keep us in your prayers!

No comments: